I know you’re from the DC area. If you need to call family or friends there, please come to Bamenda to do so. PC will reimburse your calls.
...got this letter from PC Admin and a note from Mike as soon as i made it to school this morning. the lone taxi-driver here in town stopped me on my way to school and informed me of its arrival... from Bamenda with Pious, the colleague who may be staying with me. i persuaded the taxi to drive me to school. just didn’t feel like walking from the start. 200 cfa!
anyhow... in regards to the letter, 1st i was indifferent. then a little nervous (about the fam and all), and now kinda like... "naw, no need to call home. all is well, insha’Allah." but i’m thinking a trip to Bamenda and a call home may be worthwhile. i can get a few books and an SOW while i’m there.
we had a long staff meeting, 10:30am-1:30pm. discussed everything from professionalism, subject schedules, discipline to social activity and service fees... this latter issue took up most of the time by far. by the way... i teach Monday through Thursday, 2 periods per day.
here’s my to do list for Bamenda:
• email home (have them call the Slum)
• go to Teacher’s Resource Center
- get Bio Form I-V SOW
- get copy of Loh Michael’s EE book
• go to Presbook and preview book prices
• get 4 recommended resource texts (Agric. Science?)
- get 2 upper level bio texts used in stage
• get PB and honey?
• Kitchen things: frying pan, sauce pan, kettle and dowlat qahwa [coffee pott]
• take... address book, GTTC SOW, journal, old lesson plans, money (most), lease...
• find landlord and sign lease
• Jum’aa [Friday] Prayer
• Amity Bank (check on interest issue)