Arthropods and Insects
Applied Science, Year 2
Objectives: After observing, analyzing and discussing, by lesson end students will be able to...
- State the general characteristics of arthropods
- List all 4 classes of arthropods with examples
- State the general characteristics of insects, those they share and differ from other arthropods
- Draw and correctly label a grasshopper
- Discuss the diversity of insects and identify the characteristics that contribute to insect "success."
Introducing Environmental Education
Environmental Education, Year 1
Objectives: After discussing and evaluating, by lesson end students will be able to...
- Define the term environment in their own words
- Identify and describe any prior EE exposure they've had
- Explain why it is important that they study EE here at the GTTC
- Compare and contrast a formal definition of the term environment with their own
- Identify and explain the two main strands of EE
- Outline our Year 1 EE SOW [Scheme of Work]
both of the lessons above went well. went long, but well. i suppose the fact that students sat there and listened--no, even actively participated for 1 hour plus meant i was doing something right. right? right.