EE CAMP MEETING #2
Curric. Prep. w/Maggie
Curric. Prep. w/Maggie
7:30-8am – Breakfast
8-9:15am – Activity #1
9:30-10:45am – Activity #2
11am-12pm – Demos and Games
12-1pm – Lunch
1-2pm – Guest Speaker
-45 students (15 per school)
-23 & 22 per group
-Maggie, Me and Paul coordinate
-4 GTTC student-teachers per group
6 Activities total, associated with 6 Topics:
- Introduction – Define Environment and Ecosystem
- "Munch-line Monitors" – Food Chains & Energy Flow
- "The Great Spec-tackle" – Air, H2O & Soil Cycles
- "Connection Inspection" – Interrelationships
- " ? " – Diversity of/in Ecosystems
- "Magic Spot(s)" – Environmental Appreciation
- Ground Rules – Brown-paper for Rules, Schedule & Map; 45 Manuals/Pens
- Intro to Ecosystems – Brown-paper for Definitions & Topics Outline
- Munch-line Monitors – Brown-paper for Instructions, Plastic Plates, Small Chalkboard, Rope, Poster-paper, and Plastic Bags
- The Great Speck-tackle – Brown-paper, Stakes, Rope, Story Book, "Machine" (clay box), and Paper.
- Connection Inspection – Brown-paper, Rope (4 colors), and Long Stakes.
- Field/Forest/Marsh – Brown-paper, Long Stakes, Poster-paper, Rope and Labels
- Guest Lecture – Brown-paper, Markers, and Chalk
- Miscellaneous – Brown-paper, Markers, Chalk, Rope, Tape
-Mohamad – Outline Introduction, Activities for any/all topics from different resources, and Definitions for key terms
-Maggie – Outline McKeever activities
-Thursday afternoon – scope out GBSS [Govt. Bilingual Secondary School], and discuss where activities can be held.
-Discuss guest speakers
Maggie and i met about EE camp curriculum. not so much a vague meeting as it was–hmmm... unfocused? i would've liked to identify key concepts in EE and then come up with relevant activities. we kinda went backwards. anyway, same result in the end.
it will be much work. logistics! preparation... scheduling people's time. students' time. one worries. especially here where the concept of time is–well... different. and the money issue, too. i just worry about these 1 day plus small projects.
the make you want to pull your hair out and just wish them over! anything you pull off–as a labor of love–is good enough. so we'll be scoping out the place on Thursday, insha'Allah. i need to look into more activities. we also need to discuss guest speakers: who & how... and what, as well!